Yes! Home electrical appliances and devices are one of the major contribution towards heat.
A 24/7 Refrigerator is constantly releasing heat, not to mention, air-con condenser, TV, Computer, Wi-Fi router, phone charger, home lighting, fish tank, sound systems and so on…
You may ask how can any home or office function without electrical appliances and devices?
Well, it all depends on how you manage and utilize them.
What we can do to conserve energy, save the Earth from global warming and cutting down electricity bill?
Here are some suggestions :
- How about cooling a room with water? Lay over a wet cloth or a Styrofoam box with ice near the fan.
- Instead of using air-conditioner, open windows and door to allow heat to emit.
- Switch off all electrical points that are not in use.
- Spray water mist on your skin and in the air.
- Take cold bath instead of hot bath from water heater.
- Place aircon away from heat sources such as window, direct sun ray, electrical equipment like TV and lighting, your air con thermostat will detect high surrounding temperature and use more energy to cool the atmosphere.
- Service your aircon regularly to prevent dust / dirt choking the filter and fins to avoid extra energy consumption
- Ensure the windows and doors are closed. An underneath door seal is recommended to prevent cold air from escaping.
- Use curtain and blinds to prevent direct sunlight entering the room that will affect the surrounding temperature.
- Gradually adjust your aircon temperature from high to low. If you set the temperature too low, the air con needs to work harder. You should reduce the temperature slowly to protect the machine.
For Comfort • Health • Smart Home
Click aircon services package to find out more